Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?

+13
Superfakerbros
BigPhaben
Lupucillo
ShinyChocobo
SebTH
MBParadox
grandmasterhack
Shokio
DragonChi
ChaosLord121
ImmaGamerGuy
gamingbeast4lifeson
Nin10doUltra
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?  Empty Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I hope its not true. Cant be No
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?  Empty Re: Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Nin10doUltra wrote:I hope its not true. Cant be No
Sony just wants to go bankrupt lol
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?  Empty Re: Do you guys believe the rumor that the Ps4 will be 4k resolution?

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

gamingbeast4lifeson wrote:
Nin10doUltra wrote:I hope its not true. Cant be No
Sony just wants to go bankrupt lol

Sony dont make no more dumb decsions Sad
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:55 pm

It's too early for 4K resolution. Hopefully they wont do this. Either way to play a game in 4K Resolution, you need a 4K TV (Average: $4,000+)
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 pm

lol exactly man
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosLord121 Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Not at all. I don't think Sony is dumb enough to make the same mistake twice in terms of sheer power.
ChaosLord121
ChaosLord121
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosLord121

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:17 pm

But who knows? There was a article a while back that Sony is releasing a lot of 4K Tvs. So it might be connected towards the PS4
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:42 pm

I would like to say they won't but...They always manage to prove us wrong by making yet another huge mistake. They have done worse things than this already. *COUGH*PSPGo*COUGH*

To put something else into perspective on this though, that is slightly off topic. It could be one of those things that they want to make revolutionary much like how Peter Jackson is encouraging 48fps movies. Which is what The Hobbit is going to be at. It sounds kewl on paper, but its really a wait and see.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 pm

DragonChi wrote:I would like to say they won't but...They always manage to prove us wrong by making yet another huge mistake. They have done worse things than this already. *COUGH*PSPGo*COUGH*

To put something else into perspective on this though, that is slightly off topic. It could be one of those things that they want to make revolutionary much like how Peter Jackson is encouraging 48fps movies. Which is what The Hobbit is going to be at. It sounds kewl on paper, but its really a wait and see.

Fellow Tolkein fan, or Peter Jackson Fan? or both? Very Happy I am. I heard about that too.

But the difference between Sony and Peter Jackson is that Peter Jackson has a higher success rate lol
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 pm

I am both. Very excited for it.

Anyway, you definately have a good point. That being said, a lot of people that have screened the 48fps say they don't like it because it looks too "real" like your watching a play. It loses the feel of it being a movie..so to speak. So this may not go over very well. I am optimistic though. I have a huge movie buff. That being said, that is more likely to be successful than 4K Res. The world just isnt ready for that yet.

Much like CPU's that go beyond 4 cores when most games don't utilize more than 2..let alone 6 or 8 cores. I think they are thinking (or not thinking) too far ahead.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:58 am

I say its false, but at the same time I could totally see them doing this, which is utterly suicidal.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:26 am

I agree. It would not be a smart move. They really have no more room to budge for bad decision making, given their mistake record.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosLord121 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:55 am

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:But who knows? There was a article a while back that Sony is releasing a lot of 4K Tvs. So it might be connected towards the PS4
I hope it isn't, otherwise we might be looking at another FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE US DOLLARS here.
ChaosLord121
ChaosLord121
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosLord121

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmasterhack Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm

4K TV is expensive as hell & what? the top 2 video cards on the market are the only ones that can achieve that at a playable framerate? maybe for movies but not for gaming.
grandmasterhack
grandmasterhack
NES
NES

http://grandmasterhack.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm

As shokio had said in his video, this would be expensive pointless and stupid.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 am

intill we see affordable 4K TV's no.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:40 pm

It's stupid and pointless, but I can see Sony doing it. The PS2 supported 1080i resolution even though only 4 (IIRC) games actually used it.

And the problem with 4k res is not just cost. Even if they do drop in the next 10 years, those TV's are freaking massive. Regardless of how high-tech you are, space is an issue for most people. Resolution can only get so high before being completely impractical inside a home.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:22 pm

MBParadox wrote:As shokio had said in his video, this would be expensive pointless and stupid.

But it all comes down to your own opinion. SO what do you think?
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:As shokio had said in his video, this would be expensive pointless and stupid.

I have a 27 inch 1080p TV that suits me just fine, not like I can fit anything larger in my room anyway, so to me personally 4K would literally produce no visual difference for me.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

MBParadox wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:

I have a 27 inch 1080p TV that suits me just fine, not like I can fit anything larger in my room anyway, so to me personally 4K would literally produce no visual difference for me.

yes I agree. 4k is just to young for this and couple future gaming generations.

I think they will do 2k first.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:

yes I agree. 4k is just to young for this and couple future gaming generations.

I think they will do 2k first.
Also considering the fact that at least here in America, a little over 50 percent of the homes with TV's are HD. And a lot of them 720p not 1080p.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Meh. I don't care.

But then again, I don't care about high-definition television, really.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:21 am

Sony should know better since our economy is in the shitter and the majority of us can't afford shit like that
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 pm

The console may have support for a 4K resolution but no game will BE in a native 4K resolution. Kind of like how the PS2 and Xbox supported HD.
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Superfakerbros wrote:The console may have support for a 4K resolution but no game will BE in a native 4K resolution. Kind of like how the PS2 and Xbox supported HD.
So what you're saying is it would fall in the stupid category.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next