Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs]

+8
Soxas
Supersonicwarbear
MBParadox
gamingbeast4lifeson
Shokio
DragonChi
Nin10doUltra
ImmaGamerGuy
12 posters

Go down

Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs] Empty Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:58 am

The CPU: The Wii U’s IBM-made CPU is made up of three Power PC cores. We’ve been unable to ascertain the clock speed of the CPU (more on this later), but we know out of order execution is supported.

RAM in the final retail unit: 1GB of RAM is available to games.

GPU: The Wii U’s graphics processing unit is a custom AMD 7 series GPU. Clock speed and pipelines were not disclosed, but we do know it supports DirectX 10 and shader 4 type features. We also know that eDRAM is embedded in the GPU custom chip in a similar way to the Wii.
– Eurogamer
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs] Empty Re: Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs]

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm

The wii u is looking fine so far. dont worry Smile
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs] Empty Re: Rumor or not Rumor? [Post Rummored Specs]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Waitin for the Wii U
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:33 pm

I have to say, of all Gaming Systems that have ever released in my lifetime...I can honestly say that I most excited for this one. The concept of HD Nintendo games is just awesome. The potential for this system is quite substantial.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:54 pm

This is what everybody wanted. we go it. The haters hate it, Nintendo loves their haters.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 pm

So what color Wii U are you guy's going to get? Black or White? Assuming you have a choice.

I'm getting a black one. I just looks really swank and matches my decor and other systems that are also black. Also, the black frame on the gamepad makes it easier on the eyes to view anything on the screen. Which is why you often see people use black frames on paintings and of course TV's and Monitors. Brings out the color more...in theory.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:32 am

People need to understand that for multi-console Nintendo fans the specs for the Wii U don't matter much. If we want high-end graphics we have PC's or the other consoles for that. All that matters to us is that it's a HUGE leap for Nintendo.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 am

I don't really care too much for what the specs are. I am purely happy that we are getting a system like this from Big N. Whatever the innards are, im more than confident it is sufficient for what they have planned.

That being said, I am a techy. I will always be interested in console specs. I just never put them in front of whats more important.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 am

Shokio wrote:People need to understand that for multi-console Nintendo fans the specs for the Wii U don't matter much. If we want high-end graphics we have PC's or the other consoles for that. All that matters to us is that it's a HUGE leap for Nintendo.

Agree with you.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 pm

I want a blue tint wii U
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:48 pm

The specs are vague. No clock speeds for CPU and no real GPU info really. But based off that I'd say that's about 3x the power of PS3.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm

One core and another 1GB of ram preserved for the OS apparently.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersonicwarbear Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:26 pm

il eventauly be getting a Wii u i cant wait

Supersonicwarbear
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm

If you were planning on getting it close to launch I think it might be hard to get one since they will be swept off of store shelves.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:16 am

"It's 19x as powerful as the PS3". HA.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Prpich Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:09 am

Soxas wrote:"It's 19x as powerful as the PS3". HA.
Do you think it was a misquote and they really ment 19 times the Wii? That seems more likely.

Prpich
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 am

Prpich wrote:
Soxas wrote:"It's 19x as powerful as the PS3". HA.
Do you think it was a misquote and they really ment 19 times the Wii? That seems more likely.
To be honest, I think it was misquote. They probably meant the Wii. Nintendo never compares their consoles power to other systems power so yeah it was. Idk I just know for a fact it ain't 19x as powerful lol.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:This is what everybody wanted. we go it. The haters hate it, Nintendo loves their haters.

Ain't that the truth, I think Nintendo is actually getting more profit from the haters "boycotting" about their systems then people liking them
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by FreakAlchemist Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 pm

BigPhaben wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:This is what everybody wanted. we go it. The haters hate it, Nintendo loves their haters.

Ain't that the truth, I think Nintendo is actually getting more profit from the haters "boycotting" about their systems then people liking them
Yeah it really does help nintendo out in the end.
FreakAlchemist
FreakAlchemist
NES
NES

https://www.youtube.com/user/FreakAlchemist?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 am

As Shokio once said, all that matters is that it's a HUGE leap for Nintendo, and if we want the best specs, we'll get, (and some of us already have) gaming PC's or the other consoles. I can't wait for the Wii U. It's gonna be awesome. Cool
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down