Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does a fanboy want to achieve in hating a company?

+22
DomesticHausCat
sketdansuu
mrspaghetti
Soxas
Moncole
drawnsean
MBParadox
Superfakerbros
Gunzy
Starchaser
shinriley
fireheart4560
grandmasterhack
DigitalGreenTea
DragonChi
Schroedus
Nintengod
xwatchmanx
ChaosLord121
Shokio
Nin10doUltra
ImmaGamerGuy
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What does a fanboy want to achieve in hating a company? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does a fanboy want to achieve in hating a company?

Post by DigitalGreenTea Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:08 am

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:There is no way to uncorrupt a something as mainstream as the term fanboy

True. It's too bad in my opinion. A fanboy is just someone who loves what a company does, there was never any intention on hating another company because of that. Sadly, the term fanboy changed, people now think of it what a lot of people call a fan slave. A person who is a slave to a product or company. Willing to expect whatever the powers that be thrown their way. A person who judges others, but not themselves.
DigitalGreenTea
DigitalGreenTea
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

What does a fanboy want to achieve in hating a company? - Page 2 Empty Re: What does a fanboy want to achieve in hating a company?

Post by Nin10doUltra Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:48 pm

DigitalGreenTea wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:There is no way to uncorrupt a something as mainstream as the term fanboy

True. It's too bad in my opinion. A fanboy is just someone who loves what a company does, there was never any intention on hating another company because of that. Sadly, the term fanboy changed, people now think of it what a lot of people call a fan slave. A person who is a slave to a product or company. Willing to expect whatever the powers that be thrown their way. A person who judges others, but not themselves.

Well Said DGT
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmasterhack Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:44 pm

i dont think you achieve anything by hating. More so I think that person is just lonely & has no one to play with on his/her platform of choice. Video Games are all for fun so I could never see myself hating others / Companies. well, unless the patent wars comes to consoles...
grandmasterhack
grandmasterhack
NES
NES

http://grandmasterhack.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:53 pm

grandmasterhack wrote:well, unless the patent wars comes to consoles...
Oh, please no! I already have nightmares about that!
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

http://backloggery.com/xwatchmanx; nerdreviewstechnology.blogspo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 am

Pyro is in his own little world
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 am

The word Fanboy is already in a bad position that it can't be changed. Same goes for "Hardcore gamer" that term is getting poluted by the wanna be hardcore gamers.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by fireheart4560 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

What does a fanboy achieve? Well isn't it obvious! The personal achievement of knowing nintendo, sony or microsoft suck!!! ALSO being right on the internet!!!! That matters the most!!!
fireheart4560
fireheart4560
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by shinriley Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

I "hate on" other companies because of the competition spirit of it all. It's like rooting for your favorite football team. You respect the other teams, but you would prefer for your team to win it all. Of course every team has a rival team that you honestly don't want to do well at all(I'm a Chiefs fan so the Raiders would be the team I'm talking about right now (don't judge me, lol) ).

I'm a Nintendo fan. I respect Sony and Microsoft is my rival team.
shinriley
shinriley
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 am

shinriley wrote:I "hate on" other companies because of the competition spirit of it all. It's like rooting for your favorite football team. You respect the other teams, but you would prefer for your team to win it all. Of course every team has a rival team that you honestly don't want to do well at all(I'm a Chiefs fan so the Raiders would be the team I'm talking about right now (don't judge me, lol) ).

Yeah but in youtube most fanboys don't think like you.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 am

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
shinriley wrote:I "hate on" other companies because of the competition spirit of it all. It's like rooting for your favorite football team. You respect the other teams, but you would prefer for your team to win it all. Of course every team has a rival team that you honestly don't want to do well at all(I'm a Chiefs fan so the Raiders would be the team I'm talking about right now (don't judge me, lol) ).

Yeah but in youtube most fanboys don't think like you.

The Irony is that that its the fanboys that DO think like that, that are the most vocal and they breed like diseased..viral..jack rabbits. Thus creating the global stigma.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosLord121 Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:29 am

Well...this is old news and probably not the biggest shock of the year, but I've been seeing some Sony fanboys actually getting mad about that Bridgestone Wii giveaway ad with Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler).

Some people just make me ashamed to be a gamer.
ChaosLord121
ChaosLord121
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosLord121

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:30 pm

ChaosLord121 wrote:Well...this is old news and probably not the biggest shock of the year, but I've been seeing some Sony fanboys actually getting mad about that Bridgestone Wii giveaway ad with Jerry Lambert (Kevin Butler).

Some people just make me ashamed to be a gamer.

Yes, I heard about that lol.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm

What's to even get mad about? seriously? he's an actor for hire...that's what he does...these people need to worry about things far more important than this (and this isn't)

..the things some gamers latch on to....../facepalm..sigh
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Starchaser Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am

Some people just follow the enlighten path. Some companies are evil and all can't walk that path.
Starchaser
Starchaser
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunzy Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm

I consider myself a fan of these games and console. Just look at it this way which is kinda how people who are fanboys who bash fanboys look at it. Guy A bashes Guy B for liking Product X even though Guy A's product [Y] has flaws just like Product X does.
Gunzy
Gunzy
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:43 pm

You guys should take a look at this video of The Escapist Expo panel about Fanyboyism. It is VERY insightful.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-expo/6300-Fanboyism
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:13 pm

They achieve mental satisfaction for their poor pathetic lives Evil or Very Mad
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Just to clarify, a fan of something is a person with a clear mind and no particular bias. Thus, Shokio would be a Nintendo Fan, However someone who would desperately try to defend something and has a complete bias against anything that may present itself as competition to whatever said thing is would be a Fanboy or Fangirl.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by drawnsean Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Well, the definition of fanboy when looked at on a few different web dictionaries seems to be " one who is obsessive about movies, comic books, or science fiction " although on Youtube it seems to be someone who latches onto a particular company and hates on the others.

What fanboys want to achieve by hating I believe is similar to what most debaters want to achieve by debating, a feeling of satisfaction and to preserve or turn people to their opinion. Except with more hate and less points. Very Happy
drawnsean
drawnsean
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Moncole Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:10 pm

YOu gain nothing from being a fanboy. You lose on great games from being one. This question is like asking "Why are psycho people crazy?"

Last edited by Moncole on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moncole
Moncole
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 pm

-No life
-Attention
-Bored
-Want to feel superior (PC MASTER RACE HERRRRRRR DERRRR)
-Want to be cool/liked
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by mrspaghetti Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 pm

man is like this n shit for real man like i hate nintendo cause they be casualizing the industry n shit n they gonna lead to the downfall of gaming man for real why is nintendrones so blind for real man

mrspaghetti
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by drawnsean Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm

@spaghetti

Check my upgrade for Wii graphics thread... Smile
drawnsean
drawnsean
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:01 pm

mrspaghetti wrote:man is like this n shit for real man like i hate nintendo cause they be casualizing the industry n shit n they gonna lead to the downfall of gaming man for real why is nintendrones so blind for real man
Sure hope you're trolling lol
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by sketdansuu Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:53 am

i think that we should move this thread into the lounge because it doesn't really pertain to the Wii U specifically
sketdansuu
sketdansuu
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next