Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse

+2
Thethundara
BigPhaben
6 posters

Go down

Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse Empty Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse

Post by BigPhaben Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse 8200377638_512b5d908b

While many users had trouble logging onto the Wii U’s Miiverse social application, one gamer managed to “accidentally” access a debug mode within the program, seemingly revealing possible upcoming games. According to GamesIndustry, the user posted on the NeoGAF forums about his discovery, labeling the thread, “I think I either hacked the Wii U Miiverse or I am stupid.”

The post’s images reveal lists of games that haven’t been released or even announced, titles like “Yoshi’s Land Wii U,” and “Flipnote Studio,” among others, as well as posts by administrators with names like “Tom Cruise” and “John Lennon” (which leads me to speculate whether this is some weird Scientology-resurrection-modern-art experiment…). By all accounts, it was an extremely baffling discovery.

But Nintendo released a statement about the find, noting that it’s all just a mock-up menu, that the Miiverse had not been hacked, and that it’s since been removed:

“It has come to our attention that some people were able to access a mock up menu on Miiverse following the launch of Wii U in the US. Please note that this was only a mock up menu and has now been removed and is not accessible.”

The games and titles listed in the mock-up, however, have not been confirmed or denied as real…so there may be more to the mock-up than at first glance. Additionally, could it be that the Miiverse outage yesterday was a result of Nintendo doing some work on their end to scrub the servers of this mock-up? The timing sure does seem to suggest that the two might be related…

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/11/19/user-accidentally-accesses-miiverse-debug-mode-mock-u/
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse Empty Re: Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm

That's...interesting.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse Empty Re: Wii U User Accidentally Hacks MiiVerse

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Wow. I hope they do release a Yoshi's Island for Wii U.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Soxas wrote:Wow. I hope they do release a Yoshi's Island for Wii U.

Me too.

EDIT: Just kidding, I've never even played Yoshi's Island.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:49 pm

Thethundara wrote:

Me too.

It was quite a fun game old chap ^-^
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Me too.

Yep, that's what I assumed. I'm getting Yoshi's Island DS one day.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Me too.

YES! GAME WAS EPIC!
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Me too.

YES! GAME WAS EPIC!

Uh, I'm sure it was, friend. Calm down. Laughing
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by DMP23 Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm

RESIDENT EVIL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
DMP23
DMP23
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 am

If any of these titles are actually coming I will be happy as hell.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:03 am

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Me too.

YES! GAME WAS EPIC!

Uh, I'm sure it was, friend. Calm down. Laughing
Lmao just jkn Razz
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:05 am

MBParadox wrote:If any of these titles are actually coming I will be happy as hell.
I think this is real. If this was just some mock up why would they pick such specific titles? There has to be some truth behind this. Of course Nintendo would deny it so people would think they weren't coming so everyone could be somewhat surprised when they do.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 am

this is interesting, however, like most "browsers" you can edit HTML and see what you type, so in words he could of found his "Miiverse HTML C++" coding and put the names in.

Never trust anything without confirmation.
Unless Nintendo announces these in coming weeks, or at E3, do not hold you're breath on such posts. Especially coming from one single user.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:If any of these titles are actually coming I will be happy as hell.
I think this is real. If this was just some mock up why would they pick such specific titles? There has to be some truth behind this. Of course Nintendo would deny it so people would think they weren't coming so everyone could be somewhat surprised when they do.
Reggie did say that there would be some surprises coming in reference to the launch window.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:46 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Reggie did say that there would be some surprises coming in reference to the launch window.
I was gonna bring this up too. Nintendo knows how to make a pleasant surprise Very Happy
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down