Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4?

+7
Soxas
MBParadox
DomesticHausCat
Shokio
DigitalGreenTea
gamingbeast4lifeson
xwatchmanx
11 posters

Go down

Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4? Empty Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4?

Post by xwatchmanx Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm

So, I've always played Smash Bros. with the GameCube controller, both in Melee and Brawl. But since the Wii U won't have GameCube support, I've been practicing with the classic controller pro (since it's similar in layout to the gamepad and pro controller) that way I can still be on my A-game when Smash Bros. 4 comes out.

Overall, the classic controller is nice once you get used to it. I feel that the sticks are oversensitive andI miss the GameCube button layout, but it's also easier to roll with the digital triggers (as opposed to the GameCube's pressure sensitive ones you have to press down all the way).

So how about you guys? Are any of you having trouble with the classic controller? Am i the only one crazy enough to be getting ready this early? XD
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

http://backloggery.com/xwatchmanx; nerdreviewstechnology.blogspo

Back to top Go down

Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4? Empty Re: Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4?

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 am

I might use the wii u gamepad or wiimote and nunchuck. Classic controller I don't care for
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4? Empty Re: Anyone else training with the classic controller in preparation for Super Smash Bros. 4?

Post by DigitalGreenTea Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I always used the Classic Controller for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so I won't have any problems changing to the Wii U Gamepad/Pro Controller.
DigitalGreenTea
DigitalGreenTea
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 pm

I thought about doing that - Until the controller Pro was announced. I'll just be using that.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DomesticHausCat Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Yep, been doing this for awhile now. Pretty sure it will be better than the WiiU xbox-esque controller for this kind of game. But hey I'll try both.
DomesticHausCat
DomesticHausCat
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:27 pm

I wonder whether the Wii U Game pad could be used in one mode to screw with the four players on screen such as placing items or instantaneously activating sudden death.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:04 am

Waiting for the controller pro.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

MBParadox wrote:I wonder whether the Wii U Game pad could be used in one mode to screw with the four players on screen such as placing items or instantaneously activating sudden death.

LOL. I doubt they'd do that, but it'd still be awesome. Or maybe Nintendo could make a "god mode" where you play as the master hand as a reward for winning so many matches online, (but you can only use the master hand 1 time after the match that actually GETS you the master hand.) then after that, you can play as the master hand in the story mode and local multiplayer mode as well.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Nope, I've been using the Classic Controller Pro for a VERY long time, whenever we don't have enough GameCube controllers for 4 players.
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost my Souls Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 am

naw, pretty much used to it. Been using the classic controller ever since my gamecube controller died on me Sad
Lost my Souls
Lost my Souls
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:I wonder whether the Wii U Game pad could be used in one mode to screw with the four players on screen such as placing items or instantaneously activating sudden death.

LOL. I doubt they'd do that, but it'd still be awesome. Or maybe Nintendo could make a "god mode" where you play as the master hand as a reward for winning so many matches online, (but you can only use the master hand 1 time after the match that actually GETS you the master hand.) then after that, you can play as the master hand in the story mode and local multiplayer mode as well.
There was actually a glitch in Melee that let you play as him on any stage.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I'll be using my Wii U gamepad for all my Wii U games. Smile
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Guitaristx1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down