Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system?

+6
Lost my Souls
gamingbeast4lifeson
Lupucillo
SebTH
GamerGuy1975
IAMERROR
10 posters

Go down

Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system? Empty Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system?

Post by IAMERROR Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:46 am

I read an article like a year ago saying it did but I don't think Nintendo themselves ever said anything. Just wondering if it actually does, and yes I know this is trivial. lol
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system? Empty Re: Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system?

Post by GamerGuy1975 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:36 pm

IAMERROR wrote:I read an article like a year ago saying it did but I don't think Nintendo themselves ever said anything. Just wondering if it actually does, and yes I know this is trivial. lol

There is no achievement system being offered by Nintendo for the WII U, however game companies can choose to have their own achievements in their games.

Personally I think the Achievement system has caused people to lose focus on gameplay and worry more about getting the highest score.

GamerGuy1975
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system? Empty Re: Does the Wii U have an achievement/trophy system?

Post by IAMERROR Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:44 pm

GamerGuy1975 wrote:
IAMERROR wrote:I read an article like a year ago saying it did but I don't think Nintendo themselves ever said anything. Just wondering if it actually does, and yes I know this is trivial. lol

There is no achievement system being offered by Nintendo for the WII U, however game companies can choose to have their own achievements in their games.

Personally I think the Achievement system has caused people to lose focus on gameplay and worry more about getting the highest score.

oh okay, is Nintendo 1st party going to include them? And I agree I just use them for a challenge after I beat a game.
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 pm

IAMERROR wrote:
GamerGuy1975 wrote:

oh okay, is Nintendo 1st party going to include them? And I agree I just use them for a challenge after I beat a game.
if they didn't include it in their system, I don't think so.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:58 am

I hope not!

There's nothing more annoying than when you're getting into the storyline of a game, feeling for the characters, and suddenly BLIP TROPHY UNLOCKED!!

Soooo annoying.
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 am

Lupucillo wrote:I hope not!

There's nothing more annoying than when you're getting into the storyline of a game, feeling for the characters, and suddenly BLIP TROPHY UNLOCKED!!

Soooo annoying.

lol it gets annoying, I remember when I was playing Bully an achievement popped up and messed me up on my geography cuz I couldn't see the full screen :/
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:17 pm

It is just a useless neverland message you get during the game
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost my Souls Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:08 pm

GamerGuy1975 wrote:

Aw I actually like the achievement system
Lost my Souls
Lost my Souls
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 pm

gamingbeast4lifeson wrote:It is just a useless neverland message you get during the game

hence why I said it's trivial.
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupucillo Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:52 pm

gamingbeast4lifeson wrote:It is just a useless neverland message you get during the game

Never-Ever Land!
Lupucillo
Lupucillo
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 am

GamerGuy1975 wrote:

Isn't that the same reason when people played arcades?
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:50 am

BigPhaben wrote:
GamerGuy1975 wrote:

This ^
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm

BigPhaben wrote:

ah Great point Very Happy
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:21 pm

I actually like achievements. The arcade comparison is a great point, and I completely agree.

That being said, I doubt Nintendo will have them, being the hipsters they are.

Maybe they'll introduce them at a later date like Sony did.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:23 pm

this just in: Nintendo Land will have a Self Achievement System: but take this with a grain of salt, IGN reported that.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Can you please link me?
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:39 pm

IAMERROR wrote:Can you please link me?
its on IGN, all you gotta do is go to the site and click nintendo land

gonintendo.com has the story as well *better to visit
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:02 pm

SebTH wrote:
IAMERROR wrote:Can you please link me?
its on IGN, all you gotta do is go to the site and click nintendo land

gonintendo.com has the story as well *better to visit

As in look it up yourself
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:22 pm

lol I tried but I was looking in the news section not nintendo land. Hopefully this upcoming Nintendo Direct shows it.
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am

the next nintendo direct (which according to ninty is before nov 18th)
will focus on Miiverse.
and since the MAIN part of the console doesn't have achievements
doubtful they will cover it.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:53 am

There won't be an achievement system but there can be in game achievements. I think they confirmed it for NSMBU.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by IAMERROR Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

SebTH wrote:the next nintendo direct (which according to ninty is before nov 18th)
will focus on Miiverse.
and since the MAIN part of the console doesn't have achievements
doubtful they will cover it.

Yeah, probably not. Still looking forward to the Direct.
IAMERROR
IAMERROR
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down