Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Windows] League of Legends

5 posters

Go down

[Windows] League of Legends Empty [Windows] League of Legends

Post by FaytSaotome Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

[Windows] League of Legends LoL

League of Legends is a MOBA(Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) developed by Riot Games and released in October 27, 2009. The MOBA genre was created from the Warcraft III mod DOTA and has since became one of the leading genres in e-Sports.

Game play
You primarily play PVP games in a 5v5 on a map called Summoner's Rift. The game consist of two teams with 5 members each with the map consisting of three lanes and a jungle with a river diving the two teams. The object of the game is to push through the lanes pass towers to destroy the enemy's base called the Nexus.
[Windows] League of Legends SummonersRift
The current meta-game is having an Attack Damage Ranged Carry and a Support go to the bottom lane, an Ability Power Mage in the middle lane, a Bruiser top lane and a jungler in the jungle. You want to last hit minions, kill enemy champions or take towers to earn gold so you can level up and buy new equipment to give yourself more power. Having access to four abilities which you gain through leveling up, you can engage in fights to kill enemy champions. Even though killing people is fun, do not forget the main goal is to destroy the Nexus. Games can last anywhere between thirty minutes to an hour, so have a drink near by.

The other game modes consist of a 3v3 map called Twisted Treeline, a King of the Hill mode called Dominion played on the Crystal Scar, and an All Random All Mid(called ARAM) on the map The Proving Ground. If you don't like playing with people you can play all the game modes, with the excepting of the ARAM, with Bots.

Graphics
The graphics are bright, colorful, and cartoony. The art style is nice and it fits within the fantasy setting that the game creates. It's easy to tell champions a part and to navigate the HUD. As the game is played through a bird's eye view, it can be hard to notice the small details that are added to the in game models.

Sound
The music is rather boring, but the log-in theme is catchy. The sound effects in the game are pretty good and the effects for abilities have a nice pleasing sound. When you hit someone with a spear or incinerate them with fire, it is satisfying to hear the abilities take place. They have a nice unf to them.

Re-playability
As this is an online game and primarily PVP, it has tons of re-playability. Riot Games makes sure to update the game with new content and balance patches bi-weekly. It is really enjoyable to get together with friends and play a few games. For people that like being competitive, you can even play ranked games and rise in the ladder and elo. For even serious players, they can join a competitive team and compete in Go4LoLs at the ESL. If you enjoy the game, there is a lot of value in playing.

Community
I thought talking about the community was important as this game is heavily run by the community. Lets face it, people are ass holes and that is no exception here. Though there can be extreme cases of raging and trolls, they are usually kept to a minimum thanks to the Tribunal. The Tribunal is a democratic way that Riot use for their report system. After being reported numerous times, you get added to the Tribunal where the community votes if you should be punished or pardon. This system works and people are either banned or change their behavior. With this said, not every one is a dick. This is just the minority and most of the players are friendly and nice. Most of the time, at least in my experience, the ragers and trolls are the players that are bad at the game and refuse to accept they are bad. So they just blame their team. If you are kind to your team mates, you generally get the same in return. There are even websites with guides to help you learn the game or a certain character, the community as a whole is polite and willing to help new players out. Just don't let the few morons ruin the experience for you and you'll enjoy your time.

All in all, League of Legends is a really fun online game to play with your buddies. With the rise of e-Sports, if you become serious about the game you can even play in tournaments for a few bucks and if you get notice you could get picked up by a team and become pro. I wont give a score as I find it's impossible as this is just an opinion, so I say if it interests you play it.

A commentary of a game I played while in Ranked.
FaytSaotome
FaytSaotome
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

[Windows] League of Legends Empty Re: [Windows] League of Legends

Post by Sontae Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm

Surprised that no one replied to this, hi there, I'm a league player as well my name in game is Jayland. Been playing for a bit over a year now
Sontae
Sontae
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 am

Is this game coming to PS3? I keep hearing people say that.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaotome Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 am

No, not even sure how it would control on the PS3.
FaytSaotome
FaytSaotome
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sontae Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am

Well you could easily just hook the keyboard and mouse to a ps3 I suppose. But I'm not sure why they would bring it to ps3 to begin with
Sontae
Sontae
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 pm

This game could do quite well on the Wii U with its new GamePad.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:45 am

MBParadox wrote:This game could do quite well on the Wii U with its new GamePad.

As a league player for well over a year i have to completely disagree with you. This game is strictly mouse and keyboard only.
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:20 pm

The Real Riggz wrote:
MBParadox wrote:This game could do quite well on the Wii U with its new GamePad.

As a league player for well over a year i have to completely disagree with you. This game is strictly mouse and keyboard only.
What sort of control on a mouse and keyboard can't you emulate with the gamepad?
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm

MBParadox wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:

What sort of control on a mouse and keyboard can't you emulate with the gamepad?

You might be able to get everything on a gamepad but it would control like shit. I just kinda cringed thinking about how near impossible it would be to successfully skill shot anything on a gamepad. I just recommend downloading the game and trying it yourself, you'll know exactly what I mean.
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by FaytSaotome Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:07 am

The Real Riggz wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:

You might be able to get everything on a gamepad but it would control like shit. I just kinda cringed thinking about how near impossible it would be to successfully skill shot anything on a gamepad. I just recommend downloading the game and trying it yourself, you'll know exactly what I mean.
Funny how your avatar is of Ezreal, imagine playing him with a gamepad. Be almost impossible.
FaytSaotome
FaytSaotome
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by The Real Riggz Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 am

FaytSaotome wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
The Real Riggz wrote:

Funny how your avatar is of Ezreal, imagine playing him with a gamepad. Be almost impossible.

RIGHT?? lol just imagine someone trying to play Ezreal with a gamepad. Your team would have no AD carry basically.
The Real Riggz
The Real Riggz
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down