Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run?

+12
Soxas
MBParadox
Axl_abe
JB-the-Hunter
DragonChi
ImmaGamerGuy
gamingbeast4lifeson
Papayaman
xwatchmanx
shinriley
Nin10doUltra
loganku
16 posters

Go down

Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run? Empty Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run?

Post by loganku Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:49 pm

With the next generation coming in a few months, do you think developers will want to put their games on the Wii U when the other consoles come out. Of course the leap of the PS4 and 720 to the Wii U wont be as big as the Wii to the PS3 and 360. Of course its not all about the power, but consumers are going to want the best experience which can be on the Wii U or not. Of course the Wii U has a great pile of third party games right now, but when the other two consoles come out, developer will want to develop their games on those. Consumers are going to think that the other console's games are the superior version just because of the graphics. What do you think about this topic Question
loganku
loganku
NES
NES

https://twitter.com/Loganku

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run? Empty Re: Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run?

Post by Nin10doUltra Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:39 pm

They do bro. definetly
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run? Empty Re: Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run?

Post by shinriley Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:37 am

Well, I think it all depends on how these launch games do. The games I'm keeping track of is Rayman Legends, Zombie U and Assassin's Creed 3. I don't think Batman: AC, NG3: RE or ME 3 will sell that well due to them being out for awhile (as well as being cheaper for the other consoles). If the games I mentioned above sell well, 3rd party developers wouldn't have any excuse not to bring their games to the Wii U.
shinriley
shinriley
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm

I think it's too early to tell, honestly. We have a bunch of year-old 360/PS3 ports coming, and only one truly new multiplat (ACIII), so I think we'll just have to wait and see what else is coming in the future.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

http://backloggery.com/xwatchmanx; nerdreviewstechnology.blogspo

Back to top Go down

Post by Papayaman Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:48 pm

The Wii-U will certainly have a whole bunch of Third-Party support for its launch, but most of these games aren't exactly new, to put it mildly. Generally the gaming library of the Wii-U doesn't look very promising as of now, which is a big reason why won't buy it at launch. We'll just have to see.
Papayaman
Papayaman
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:45 pm

I don't to be honest. It is possible they could since they do have more power than usual there is a chance there will be more support
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am

I think they managed to get a lot compared to the Wii.

Although, I think the Wii U will get most support after launch.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 am

I'm feeling pretty confident in third party support for this system. It may not quite seem like it right now, but I just see this completely blossoming as time goes.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 pm

DragonChi wrote:I'm feeling pretty confident in third party support for this system. It may not quite seem like it right now, but I just see this completely blossoming as time goes.

Bethesda are being dicks for now. but I bet they will end up developing for Wii U.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by shinriley Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 am

Here's a question that I ask myself. Do I really want 3rd party games to truly succeed on the Wii U? This question came to me when I was thinking about the 3DS. One of the games I was truly looking forward to was a Castlevania 3DS game much like the ones found on the DS. Instead we're getting a 2.5D Castlevania and in all honesty it doesn't look as fun as Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin.

What I'm saying is that I'm afraid devs will concentrate on graphics if the launch titles do extremely well. Rayman with Assassin's Creed graphics? Megaman with Resident Evil graphics? Final Fantasy becoming a(n) FPS? The next Tales game becoming a GTA/open sandbox game (Tales of The Ghetto)?
shinriley
shinriley
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by JB-the-Hunter Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 am

shinriley wrote:Here's a question that I ask myself. Do I really want 3rd party games to truly succeed on the Wii U? This question came to me when I was thinking about the 3DS. One of the games I was truly looking forward to was a Castlevania 3DS game much like the ones found on the DS. Instead we're getting a 2.5D Castlevania and in all honesty it doesn't look as fun as Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin.

What I'm saying is that I'm afraid devs will concentrate on graphics if the launch titles do extremely well. Rayman with Assassin's Creed graphics? Megaman with Resident Evil graphics? Final Fantasy becoming a(n) FPS? The next Tales game becoming a GTA/open sandbox game (Tales of The Ghetto)?
I don't think that will happen.
JB-the-Hunter
JB-the-Hunter
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Papayaman Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I don't know exactly how fitting this is, but when I looked at the Wii U Launch titles I thought about the same thing which has been captured on this image: Do you think Nintendo has enough third party games to support this system in the long run? 542099_46520796684293bxcft
Papayaman
Papayaman
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Axl_abe Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 pm

xwatchmanx wrote:I think it's too early to tell, honestly. We have a bunch of year-old 360/PS3 ports coming, and only one truly new multiplat (ACIII), so I think we'll just have to wait and see what else is coming in the future.

"Only one truely new multiplat"? Seems you forgot about Epic Mickey: The Power of Two. It releases on Nov. 18th and will be a wiiU launch title.
Axl_abe
Axl_abe
NES
NES

http://twitter.com/Axl_abe

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Gaben's mind cannot handle the amount of 3 present in Wii U's launch window.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am

It's really too early to tell but so far it's looking good. People think just because the launch line up is mostly third-party it's a bad line up. I personally like it because it shows that developers are on board. At least compared to the Wii.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisparlamas Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:41 am

Won't be able to say until next year, probably after E3.
chrisparlamas
chrisparlamas
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:53 pm

I think they will do quite fine with third party, just like in their SNES era.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 am

Developers love Nintendo. They could just never fit their games on the Wii. Dumb people are just trying to create this stigma that Nintendo inherently sucks with 3rd party support.

So yeah, it has plenty of support.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisparlamas Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:14 am

ShinyChocobo wrote:Developers love Nintendo. They could just never fit their games on the Wii. Dumb people are just trying to create this stigma that Nintendo inherently sucks with 3rd party support.

This is the truth.

Hell, most people don't realize that Square-Enix wanted FF VII on the N64... they just couldn't fit it on one cartridge and Nintendo didn't make cartridges swappable.

There aren't going to be any excuses this time around. Ninty made a console capable of doing everything they need it to do.
chrisparlamas
chrisparlamas
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhaben Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

chrisparlamas wrote:
ShinyChocobo wrote:Developers love Nintendo. They could just never fit their games on the Wii. Dumb people are just trying to create this stigma that Nintendo inherently sucks with 3rd party support.

This is the truth.

Hell, most people don't realize that Square-Enix wanted FF VII on the N64... they just couldn't fit it on one cartridge and Nintendo didn't make cartridges swappable.

There aren't going to be any excuses this time around. Ninty made a console capable of doing everything they need it to do.

I thought the developers got to choose how much they wanted to put in the cartridges I didn't know they were limited too Neutral
BigPhaben
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

BigPhaben wrote:
chrisparlamas wrote:

This is the truth.

Cartridges are not exactly that big in storage.

I thought the developers got to choose how much they wanted to put in the cartridges I didn't know they were limited too Neutral
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Superfakerbros Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Did the PS, PS2, and the 360 lose 3rd party support when more powerful systems came out? Of course not. It doesn't matter if the Wii-U is less powerful so as long as it's not an astronomical difference like how it was with the Wii and the PS3/360 or with the PSX/Saturn and the N64. So as long as the Wii-U has modern architecture to run next-gen engines and can receive good downports, it should be fine. Hell, people didn't complain about playing worser downports on the PS2 and the PS3, why should they complain with the Wii-U? So what if the game won't be in native 1080p @ 60 FPS w/ 4 AA, I'll take 720p @ 60 FPS w/ 2 AA.
Superfakerbros
Superfakerbros
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisparlamas Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:59 am

BigPhaben wrote:
chrisparlamas wrote:

This is the truth.

Yeah...

honestly, though... could you imagine how things would have went that gen if they did get the game? Yes, the PS1 had other great titles that helped it defeat the N64's sales, but that Final Fantasy game was a big factor towards their success. If N64 got it too, things would have been slightly different.
chrisparlamas
chrisparlamas
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:06 pm

chrisparlamas wrote:
BigPhaben wrote:
chrisparlamas wrote:

This is the truth.

Yeah...

honestly, though... could you imagine how things would have went that gen if they did get the game? Yes, the PS1 had other great titles that helped it defeat the N64's sales, but that Final Fantasy game was a big factor towards their success. If N64 got it too, things would have been slightly different.

It think it would be slightly different, but with the same outcome.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down