Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NSMBU: Not just a total rehash.

+3
ShinyChocobo
JB-the-Hunter
Soxas
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NSMBU: Not just a total rehash. Empty NSMBU: Not just a total rehash.

Post by Soxas Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 am

In my eyes, NSMBU isn't a complete rehash. The game brings a lot of new content and modes to the series and of course for the first time it's in HD. But one thing that really drilled into my mind that this game isn't the same as any other in the series is that they've actually added a new character to the game (IP really).NSMBU: Not just a total rehash. Nabbit His name is Nabbit if you already haven't seen this. I find this a really good sign that future Mario titles could continue to expand with not just new modes but adding new and interesting characters. Thoughts?

Last edited by Soxas on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

NSMBU: Not just a total rehash. Empty Re: NSMBU: Not just a total rehash.

Post by JB-the-Hunter Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Soxas wrote:In my eyes, NSMBU isn't a complete rehash in my eyes.
wut
JB-the-Hunter
JB-the-Hunter
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Soxas wrote:In my eyes, NSMBU isn't a complete rehash in my eyes.
wut
Lmao oops my bad.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:00 pm

I kind of wrote it off at first too, but it's starting to look really cool.

Then again, I didn't really like NSMB Wii for some reason. The physics are too slippery. Then again, maybe I simply suck.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 am

I skipped NSMB.2
So, getting this makes me happy, Since its not entirely "pointless"

yes, I said NSMB.2 is pointless, 1million coins isn't worth it, and maxing out your coins doesn't add anything new.

So, no point to the game.

with NSMB.U Boost Mode, the Nabbit, new Power Up(-s?) 5 players if you have that many friends :V, Custom Coin Battles, Mii's finally getting in on the platforming.

so, yeah, 1st game I'm getting is NSMB.U
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:20 pm

ShinyChocobo wrote:I kind of wrote it off at first too, but it's starting to look really cool.

Then again, I didn't really like NSMB Wii for some reason. The physics are too slippery. Then again, maybe I simply suck.
Yeah i'll agree with you on that. The controls in NSMB Wii were a little slippery at times. I always found myself having to back track in levels because I would run really fast, stop, and still continue to slide when i'm trying to grab a power-up or hit a block or grab a coin.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 pm

SebTH wrote:I skipped NSMB.2
So, getting this makes me happy, Since its not entirely "pointless"

yes, I said NSMB.2 is pointless, 1million coins isn't worth it, and maxing out your coins doesn't add anything new.

So, no point to the game.

with NSMB.U Boost Mode, the Nabbit, new Power Up(-s?) 5 players if you have that many friends :V, Custom Coin Battles, Mii's finally getting in on the platforming.

so, yeah, 1st game I'm getting is NSMB.U
My thoughts exactly. We'll actually have a lot of replay value this time besides just going back and replaying the same level. Miiverse is really opening doors for 1st party titles too like this game and it's awesome.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by ShinyChocobo Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Soxas wrote:Yeah i'll agree with you on that. The controls in NSMB Wii were a little slippery at times. I always found myself having to back track in levels because I would run really fast, stop, and still continue to slide when i'm trying to grab a power-up or hit a block or grab a coin.

Glad I'm not the only one.

NSMB on the DS seemed a lot tighter to me, hopefully NSMBU will control better. They should take notes from DKC Returns as well, that game played like a dream.
ShinyChocobo
ShinyChocobo
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisparlamas Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 am

Definitely excited for this one, and I was not originally.
chrisparlamas
chrisparlamas
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

chrisparlamas wrote:Definitely excited for this one, and I was not originally.
As it was for me with everything else Wii U, as I saw more I got even more convinced and excited for the game.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:36 pm

I can't wait for the Miiverse Leaderboards.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 am

MBParadox wrote:I can't wait for the Miiverse Leaderboards.
I know. They're actually really helpful especially with the new challenge modes. Also you can post screenshots.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Soxas wrote:
I know. They're actually really helpful especially with the new challenge modes. Also you can post screenshots.
I didn't know that tidbit. I wonder how you take ingame screenshots.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:28 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Yeah you can take in-game screenshots of any game actually and then post them too Miiverse to show accomplishments or to show exactly where you're having trouble.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Yeah you can take in-game screenshots of any game actually and then post them too Miiverse to show accomplishments or to show exactly where you're having trouble.
I assume you either go back to the homescreen to take it or each game has a different button assigned to it.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
I assume you either go back to the homescreen to take it or each game has a different button assigned to it.
Yeah I don't really know how they'd do except if they just make you press a button on the gamepad to do it or whatever. I think that's the most likely way because you can do this with most games.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Yeah I don't really know how they'd do except if they just make you press a button on the gamepad to do it or whatever. I think that's the most likely way because you can do this with most games.
Maybe you press select or the TV button?
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Yeah those buttons probably act in a different way when playing a game.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Yeah those buttons probably act in a different way when playing a game.
Or maybe there is some kind of button combination like soft resets on the Nintendo DS line.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Soxas wrote:
ShinyChocobo wrote:I kind of wrote it off at first too, but it's starting to look really cool.

Yeah i'll agree with you on that. The controls in NSMB Wii were a little slippery at times. I always found myself having to back track in levels because I would run really fast, stop, and still continue to slide when i'm trying to grab a power-up or hit a block or grab a coin.

Really? I never had any problems with the controls whatsoever.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:

What he is talking about is the slide Mario does when he turns around after running at top speed.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:33 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:

What he is talking about is the slide Mario does when he turns around after running at top speed.
Yeah it was a real pain in the neck. It's just wasn't smooth like it seems to be in NSMBU.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:

Yeah it was a real pain in the neck. It's just wasn't smooth like it seems to be in NSMBU.

Oh yeah, that's what you meant. Sorry.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:

It's cool dude Cool
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:

It's cool dude Cool
Cool
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next