Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card!

4 posters

Go down

You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card! Empty You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card!

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 am

Our good ol' pal Shok has showed us that you can in fact run your Wii U games off of an SD card.

Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card! Empty Re: You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card!

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Soxas wrote:Our good ol' pal Shok has showed us that you can in fact run your Wii U games off of an SD card.

Now the only question is when will Nintendo patch it so you can run them while they are in the SD card slot.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card! Empty Re: You CAN run Wii U games off of an SD card!

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:44 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:Our good ol' pal Shok has showed us that you can in fact run your Wii U games off of an SD card.

Now the only question is when will Nintendo patch it so you can run them while they are in the SD card slot.
I hope not. This is awesome cuz I have a 32GB SD card and this would be amazing if I could get this to work.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

I hope not. This is awesome cuz I have a 32GB SD card and this would be amazing if I could get this to work.
Actually, did you know if you format an SDXC card to fat32 it will probably work on the Wii U? 256 GB on one card, hell yeah!
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:23 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

Actually, did you know if you format an SDXC card to fat32 it will probably work on the Wii U? 256 GB on one card, hell yeah!
I did know this but this seems so much easier hahaha.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

You sure? I mean it does take up one of the four USB slots.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't mind. It's easier and quicker to do and it's not a fact that changing it to fat would work.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't mind. It's easier and quicker to do and it's not a fact that changing it to fat would work.
It worked on 3ds.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:30 pm

That's a good thing, that's awesome. Hopefully this trick will still be around in 2014. And by that, I mean that hopefully Nintendo won't release some patch that will negate this trick.

Last edited by Thethundara on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 pm

Thethundara wrote:That's a good thing, that's awesome. Hopefully this trick will still be around in 2014.
If Nintendo would have the time to patch it they would have the time to make it a feature also.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:33 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:That's a good thing, that's awesome. Hopefully this trick will still be around in 2014.
If Nintendo would have the time to patch it they would have the time to make it a feature also.

Yes.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Exactly. I know they try to be safe and protect their product but at least let this slide since the memory on the Wii U isn't grand.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 am

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Exactly. I know they try to be safe and protect their product but at least let this slide since the memory on the Wii U isn't grand.
It really doesn't matter to me since I will be using a USB external drive.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:25 am

love how this was featured on Gonintendo
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Yeah i've already got a 500GB external hard drive so I don't really need it either but hey the more memory the marrier Smile
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Yeah i've already got a 500GB external hard drive so I don't really need it either but hey the more memory the marrier Smile
I'm hoping to get something cheap on Black Friday.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:33 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
I'm hoping to get something cheap on Black Friday.
Oh yeah definitely. You could probably find a 1TB for like $80.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down