Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by JB-the-Hunter on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:11 am

How is there not a thread for this already?

_________________

Credit for most of sprites in sig go to DeviantArtist steamboy33
avatar
JB-the-Hunter
SNES
SNES

Posts : 57
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 24
Location : ATL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 pm

I dunno lol. Maybe this should be the official MH3 ultimate thread lol

_________________
avatar
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

Posts : 112
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 27
Location : Jacksonville, FL USA

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Sontae on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Cannot wait for this game man, it really sucks that in the states we're not getting the option of buying the MH3U Wii U Deluxe Bundle (with Wii U Pro controller), oh yeah people that were talking about Wii U coming here first? You best believe that's the reason why, they want to sell the game packaged in over there, all together comes to about 450 US dollars.

Still though, MHTri had 18 large monsters, this new one though has FIFTY TWO and still rising! When the monster list is completed MH3U will have over 3 times the monsters that Tri had, insanity man, people often bash Capcom for releasing Super Ultra HD Arcade Marvelous editions of games, and understandably so, but man when it comes to Monster Hunter they're actually worth it.

_________________
avatar
Sontae
NES
NES

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 24
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Sontae on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:09 pm

What do you guys think they could do to improve the online from Tri? I thought it was pretty awesome before, but now it's on a much more powerful system, with a better built in online service.

Well first off the loading times being removed would be welcome, I don't mind them when I'm running around fighting monsters and stuff (though a lot of people complain about them), but when you're walking around the small online town getting prepared for a mission it gets annoying real fast.

Small change but it would be a very convenient one. Wish I could think of better ideas

_________________
avatar
Sontae
NES
NES

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 24
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by FaytSaotome on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Sontae wrote:What do you guys think they could do to improve the online from Tri? I thought it was pretty awesome before, but now it's on a much more powerful system, with a better built in online service.

Well first off the loading times being removed would be welcome, I don't mind them when I'm running around fighting monsters and stuff (though a lot of people complain about them), but when you're walking around the small online town getting prepared for a mission it gets annoying real fast.

Small change but it would be a very convenient one. Wish I could think of better ideas
Buying it day one, if I have the money by then.

Now to answer your question. What they could improve? Maybe instead of making cities only limited to four players, make them include every one on the server. The quest billboard was pretty redundant due to only four players could be in a city at any given time.
avatar
FaytSaotome
NES
NES

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Fields of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Shokio on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:51 am

I'm excited that finally, there is an HD console Monster Hunter, that have JUST as much content as the handheld Monster Hunters. The console iterations have always had MUCH less content than the handheld ones (if you've played the PSP ones you'd know what I mean)

_________________
avatar
Shokio
Admin
Admin

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile http://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Sontae on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am

Yup until now Freedom Unite has had the most content out of all of them. I loved Tri but online man those missions can get real repetitive, now that there's way more monsters I don't think they'll have that problem so much anymore.

I just wanna see the trailer man, as you said this'll be the first MH game on an HD system.

@FaytSaotome: Yeah the removal of those small cities would be good, just have one massive city full of life, I would like to have the small cities as private rooms with my friends though. Another thing they have got to add is matchmaking, so many times I'd be searching for a room to join, when I was in the mid ranks it was hard finding a party.

On one hand I could join the room where everyone is like rank 200 (who didn't want to party with me), or I could join the dudes who are low level and are still having trouble fighting Qurupecos and Great Jaggi's -_-. I remember one time I got a full party of noobs and we were off to hunt 3 Great jaggi, all of them died a couple times and quit fighting it, I had to kill all 3 myself xD. Fighting Barroth with them went pretty horribly too, they'd ragequit and leave me to solo the damn thing

_________________
avatar
Sontae
NES
NES

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 24
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Shokio on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am

I also want more hunters per city. I heard the Japanese version of Tri allowed more than 4 people in one tavern.

_________________
avatar
Shokio
Admin
Admin

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-09-01

View user profile http://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Sontae on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Makes sense, often times when I was in a city we'd split off into groups of two to do missions if people didn't want to do the same mission. I wonder why we didn't have that? Was it because they paid for their online service?

Well anyway speaking of more hunters it would be nice if maybe there were event quests where like 4 incredibly powerful monsters are on the map, and instead of the usual 4 hunters sent out you can group up with 8 or more people, or they could just include the Raviente fight from Monster Hunter Frontier that allowed 16 people to play together.

EDIT: Something I think they need to add to the game in general is the monsters actually fighting one another, sometimes you could see them attack one another but pretty rarely. I think it would be sweet if you could sneak into an area unnoticed and watch a titanic battle, they show fights sometimes in a monster's ecology, like in Bracchidios or Akantor /watch?v=LoPBK-X3Zr8&feature=related

_________________
avatar
Sontae
NES
NES

Posts : 11
Join date : 2012-09-17
Age : 24
Location : Alabama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by FaytSaotome on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Sontae wrote:Makes sense, often times when I was in a city we'd split off into groups of two to do missions if people didn't want to do the same mission. I wonder why we didn't have that? Was it because they paid for their online service?

Well anyway speaking of more hunters it would be nice if maybe there were event quests where like 4 incredibly powerful monsters are on the map, and instead of the usual 4 hunters sent out you can group up with 8 or more people, or they could just include the Raviente fight from Monster Hunter Frontier that allowed 16 people to play together.

EDIT: Something I think they need to add to the game in general is the monsters actually fighting one another, sometimes you could see them attack one another but pretty rarely. I think it would be sweet if you could sneak into an area unnoticed and watch a titanic battle, they show fights sometimes in a monster's ecology, like in Bracchidios or Akantor /watch?v=LoPBK-X3Zr8&feature=related
That would make some logical sense and probably is a reason as I can't think of any other reason to remove it.
avatar
FaytSaotome
NES
NES

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-09-02
Age : 25
Location : Fields of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by MBParadox on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 pm

I have never really played Monster Hunter before but I plan on getting Ultimate for Wii U.

_________________
avatar
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 pm

A lot of people here in jersey said Tri sucked lol

_________________
avatar
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-09-01
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by MBParadox on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:A lot of people here in jersey said Tri sucked lol
South Jersey Shore?

_________________
avatar
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Warp on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....

_________________
avatar
Warp
SNES
SNES

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 23
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by MBParadox on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Warp wrote:Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....
I didn't know a piece of plastic could be alive at any point.

_________________
avatar
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:10 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Warp wrote:Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....
I didn't know a piece of plastic could be alive at any point.

If you have common sense, you would understand what he is implying.

_________________
avatar
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-09-01
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by MBParadox on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:14 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Warp wrote:Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....
I didn't know a piece of plastic could be alive at any point.

If you have common sense, you would understand what he is implying.
Ahhhh, how lovely is this fine day of sarcasm. rabbit

_________________
avatar
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

MBParadox wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Warp wrote:Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....
I didn't know a piece of plastic could be alive at any point.

If you have common sense, you would understand what he is implying.
Ahhhh, how lovely is this fine day of sarcasm. rabbit

Usually the writer notifies it's readers of a sarcastic tone in his/her posts or passages.
It's hard to comprehend what type of emotions you or your readers want to get out of your post or passage...

Source: Professor Denkins, English Composition 102 The College of New Jersey

_________________
avatar
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-09-01
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by BigPhaben on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Shit you guys are making want to play this game

_________________
You've been owned
avatar
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 23
Location : Carlsbad, NM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by ImmaGamerGuy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm

BigPhaben wrote:Shit you guys are making want to play this game

Try it when it releases. It should be fun.

_________________
avatar
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-09-01
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by MBParadox on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:25 pm

ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
ImmaGamerGuy wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Warp wrote:Rathian+guan dao noobs IN HD

SUPSPECIES ARMOR AVAILABLE!! Very Happy

xD btw, my wii died, no MH tri anymore.....
I didn't know a piece of plastic could be alive at any point.

If you have common sense, you would understand what he is implying.
Ahhhh, how lovely is this fine day of sarcasm. rabbit

Usually the writer notifies it's readers of a sarcastic tone in his/her posts or passages.
It's hard to comprehend what type of emotions you or your readers want to get out of your post or passage...

Source: Professor Denkins, English Composition 102 The College of New Jersey
Really? I find it particularly easy to detect sarcasm in text form.

_________________
avatar
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Posts : 687
Join date : 2012-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Warp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 am

BigPhaben wrote:Shit you guys are making want to play this game

It is really a fun game.

What I like about this game is that you actually have to prepare for the hunt. Like gathering recourses for Pitfalls and Shocktraps, flashbombs and sonic bombs, barrel bombs etc etc.

And ofcourse the armor and weapon of choice you want to use against said monster, cutting tails, breaking tusks, KO them, parlyz them, sleep bomb them etc etc.

You really need to be ready for it or you'll get your ass handed in minutes. Also I liked how every weapon felt different, from the infinite sword and shield combo, Longsword spirit combo, switch axes elemental bursts, Light, medium and heavy Bowguns, to the Powerfull Lvl 3 GS slashes. They all make your experience really fresh since mastering them can be pretty challenging.

This game requires heavy interaction with your party members, well not really but it makes things go smooth.

Lets say player 1 sets the trap, while player 2 is setting some barrel bombs, player 3 will shoot the barrel bombs, while player 4 paralyzes the monster for extended time in the trap, which means more free hits.

Taking a monster down in Monster Hunter is the most satisfying thing I have experienced in recent games.

You have to do everything yourself in this game, this game doesn't hold your hand like most games do. You decide how you will take on the monster, everything is up to you and your party.

_________________
avatar
Warp
SNES
SNES

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 23
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by BigPhaben on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Warp wrote:
BigPhaben wrote:Shit you guys are making want to play this game

It is really a fun game.

What I like about this game is that you actually have to prepare for the hunt. Like gathering recourses for Pitfalls and Shocktraps, flashbombs and sonic bombs, barrel bombs etc etc.

And ofcourse the armor and weapon of choice you want to use against said monster, cutting tails, breaking tusks, KO them, parlyz them, sleep bomb them etc etc.

You really need to be ready for it or you'll get your ass handed in minutes. Also I liked how every weapon felt different, from the infinite sword and shield combo, Longsword spirit combo, switch axes elemental bursts, Light, medium and heavy Bowguns, to the Powerfull Lvl 3 GS slashes. They all make your experience really fresh since mastering them can be pretty challenging.

This game requires heavy interaction with your party members, well not really but it makes things go smooth.

Lets say player 1 sets the trap, while player 2 is setting some barrel bombs, player 3 will shoot the barrel bombs, while player 4 paralyzes the monster for extended time in the trap, which means more free hits.

Taking a monster down in Monster Hunter is the most satisfying thing I have experienced in recent games.

You have to do everything yourself in this game, this game doesn't hold your hand like most games do. You decide how you will take on the monster, everything is up to you and your party.


Damn that sure does sound like a lot of fun, So how many players could you guess to be online?

_________________
You've been owned
avatar
BigPhaben
N64
N64

Posts : 177
Join date : 2012-10-11
Age : 23
Location : Carlsbad, NM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Warp on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't know, my Wii died.... sooo......

Not to much anymore, like 500 per server?

_________________
avatar
Warp
SNES
SNES

Posts : 60
Join date : 2012-10-15
Age : 23
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by DragonChi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:01 am

MBParadox wrote:I have never really played Monster Hunter before but I plan on getting Ultimate for Wii U.

Same here. After I saw screenshots and footage of this one, I made up my mind to get on board. This game looks fantastic. I am genuinely stoked for it.

_________________
I tried real life once, but the graphics sucked
avatar
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-09-01
Age : 33
Location : Victoria, BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [OT]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum