Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

+18
MBParadox
geoala92
sketdansuu
jdix14
SebTH
DomesticHausCat
Sontae
Saxrebel
fireheart4560
ImmaGamerGuy
JB-the-Hunter
gamingbeast4lifeson
loganku
Nin10doUltra
Shokio
xwatchmanx
Nintengod
DragonChi
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? Empty Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

Post by DragonChi Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Myself?

While this may sound counter to what they have doing so far. By means, using a first person view. I REALLY want to see a Link to the Past styled game for Wii U. For those who have been keeping tabs on Miyamoto's public statements, he has said recently that he has been wanting to and is very interested in using that style again. Yes, we have seen a lot of them on their portable systems. I want one on their main console. We haven't had a game like that in a REALLY long time. I think it's due for a serious come back.

We DID have the Four Swords games, but they are more like party games and, depending on who you talk to, aren't considered canon. To get into more detail to what I would also like, is to give us a lot more exploration. Skyward Sword was unfortunately linear compared to the others. A big mistake that they overlooked in my opinion. I would also like to be given more weapons that are useful past the dungeon you obtain them in. I feel Link to the past did this really well. I also want a return of those 3 massive spells (Quake, Ether, Bombos) that were in Lttp. That would be friggen epic.

Anyway, this is just to start a conversation going. There is much more to discuss of course. These are just my initial thoughts. Drop by and share yours. Very Happy
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? Empty Re: Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

Post by Nintengod Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:36 pm

I just want epic boss battles such as the one with Armored Ghoma(sp) from the E3 demo.
Nintengod
Nintengod
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)? Empty Re: Zelda Wii U discussion (What would you like to see in the next title)?

Post by xwatchmanx Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Personally, I feel that a top-down Zelda game on a modern console would be a waste of hardware power. The 3DS can output those kinds of games just fine: There's no reason to put it on a console.

Granted, we did get side-scrolling Mario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong titles on the Wii. But at least those had a strong multiplayer aspect. So I suppose if it was something like Four Swords, that would be really cool to play on the Wii U (especially with the gamepad!). But if it's just a standard single-player Zelda game, then I think they would be better off putting it on the 3DS.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

http://backloggery.com/xwatchmanx; nerdreviewstechnology.blogspo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm

I want Twilight Princess's art style, AMPLIFIED.

And you guys already know I want voices. Some more towns other than just Hyrule/CastleTown would be nice, and I mean full-fledged towns, not small little villages like in previous Zelda games. I also want a whole new weapon set. They can keep the bow of course and the bombs but I want a completely new and creative items.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

https://wiiumad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Shokio wrote:I want Twilight Princess's art style, AMPLIFIED.
In other words, you want a true "realistic" HD Zelda, for once? I don't blame you.
Shokio wrote:And you guys already know I want voices.
Agreed.
Shokio wrote:Some more towns other than just Hyrule/CastleTown would be nice, and I mean full-fledged towns, not small little villages like in previous Zelda games.
I never really thought much about this before, but I agree now that I think about it. It was a bit silly especially in Wind Waker, when you think about it, since it was this HUGE ocean with like 50 islands, and only one of them was an actual town.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Voice Acting would be nice. Link shouldn't be able to talk though
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/Nin10doUltra

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Shokio wrote:I want Twilight Princess's art style, AMPLIFIED.

And you guys already know I want voices. Some more towns other than just Hyrule/CastleTown would be nice, and I mean full-fledged towns, not small little villages like in previous Zelda games. I also want a whole new weapon set. They can keep the bow of course and the bombs but I want a completely new and creative items.

I agree with all of that. Though I feel Link should remain quiet. Voices for NPC's (done right) would be a nice fresh change. I would LOVE to see more "full fledged towns". That would be interesting. Not sure what they would be though. They have to make sense lore wise. These games are based around one large expanded area that is "Hyrule" The castle/market being the capitol. I don't know how much sense it would make having a secondary large hub. Which is why we get the smaller villages.

I do seriously want newer creative items though. Badly.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by xwatchmanx Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:34 pm

DragonChi wrote:
I agree with all of that. Though I feel Link should remain quiet. Voices for NPC's (done right) would be a nice fresh change. I would LOVE to see more "full fledged towns". That would be interesting. Not sure what they would be though. They have to make sense lore wise. These games are based around one large expanded area that is "Hyrule" The castle/market being the capitol. I don't know how much sense it would make having a secondary large hub. Which is why we get the smaller villages.

I feel that part of that problem can be remedied with a larger castle town. I feel that the main problem you're describing regarding multiple "large hubs" could be remedied by making castle town bigger. I mean, for the capitol of an entire kingdom, the castle town we've seen in previous games are just WAY too small to make sense. What they SHOULD do is have a bunch of towns on the scale of castle town, but then make castle town itself about 3 times as big. Remember Celadon City compared to all the other cities in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? All of the towns were pretty sufficient in their content and shops, but Celadon had a HUGE amount of content compared to those. That's what I think it should be like.

Otherwise, they could forget about Castle Town altogether and just have a bunch of large-sized towns all over. That would be cool, too.
xwatchmanx
xwatchmanx
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by loganku Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:39 pm

I just want new things, voice-acting, and an amazing story.
loganku
loganku
NES
NES

https://twitter.com/Loganku

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:41 pm

xwatchmanx wrote:
DragonChi wrote:

I feel that part of that problem can be remedied with a larger castle town. I feel that the main problem you're describing regarding multiple "large hubs" could be remedied by making castle town bigger. I mean, for the capitol of an entire kingdom, the castle town we've seen in previous games are just WAY too small to make sense. What they SHOULD do is have a bunch of towns on the scale of castle town, but then make castle town itself about 3 times as big. Remember Celadon City compared to all the other cities in Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow? All of the towns were pretty sufficient in their content and shops, but Celadon had a HUGE amount of content compared to those. That's what I think it should be like.

Otherwise, they could forget about Castle Town altogether and just have a bunch of large-sized towns all over. That would be cool, too.

Makes perfect sense to me. I think the biggest Hyrule Market weve seen was in Twilight Princess. It was reasonably big, but if it were 3x bigger, that would be awesome. I'd love to have more to explore in a city.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Oh, and I want Lon-Lon Ranch back lol.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gamingbeast4lifeson Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Voice acting, still use the motion plus controls and use wii U gamepad to make it easier to access the menu or do certain commands, Online multiplayer, and etc.
gamingbeast4lifeson
gamingbeast4lifeson
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingbeast4lifeson?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Shokio Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:45 am

I remember Anouma saying that motion controls are "here to stay." But I doubt he wouldn't support the Wii U Pad/Pro controller.......a game has to support the system's primary controller.
Shokio
Shokio
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JB-the-Hunter Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 am

I'm more of a fan of Skyward Sword's lighting/shading style than Twilight Princess's. Although I probably like the designs of TP more.
JB-the-Hunter
JB-the-Hunter
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:07 am

Since the end of Skyward Sword it get's me to thinking...

I would find it interesting having a Zelda game where Ganondorf (Yes, Ganondorf) has a more detailed back story, give more details in his childhood.

He also should fight using Dual Scimitars like Gerudo warriors suppose to fight.

Voice Acting? Yes Voice acting would be great.

For me the voice of link (English) would be great if it was done by Vic Mignogna. (He plays Edward Elric in Full Metal Alchemist)

Something that would be cool would be to have the option for Potion making and Weapon Upgrade, Like on Majoras mask but for more weapons.

It would also be great having a variety of Shields and Swords.

Graphics = I wouldn't really mind.

Remember it's my opinion ^_^
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

https://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaGamerGuy?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:36 am

Yea i dont care what the next Zelda look like. Its a Zelda game, im going to get excited and buy it. Im not like those other zelda fans that complain.
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:45 am

Nin10doUltra wrote:Yea i dont care what the next Zelda look like. Its a Zelda game, im going to get excited and buy it. Im not like those other zelda fans that complain.

C'mon Ultra. You should have some sort of suggestion xD

BTW I can't see your sig.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 pm

I can see my sig.
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:15 pm

I think it's on my end. I only see links.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Nin10doUltra Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 pm

wow
Nin10doUltra
Nin10doUltra
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah Maybe a glitch
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 pm

So how long do you guys figure we will have to wait for this? I can't remember what company it was, but they have a second party developer that is going to help them with stuff like rendering and modeling? Correct me if I'm wrong.

How many years will this shave off the usual wait time?
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 pm

DragonChi wrote:So how long do you guys figure we will have to wait for this? I can't remember what company it was, but they have a second party developer that is going to help them with stuff like rendering and modeling? Correct me if I'm wrong.

How many years will this shave off the usual wait time?

Sorry I couldn't understand your question. if you mean how long would it take for a new Zelda game to come out. I would say 1-3 years after launch maybe.

Sorry again if I didn't get your question right.
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonChi Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 pm

No, you..pretty much answered my question. lol. So long as you took the second party help thing into consideration in your guesswork. Which I am assuming you did.
DragonChi
DragonChi
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by ImmaGamerGuy Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:59 pm

DragonChi wrote:No, you..pretty much answered my question. lol. So long as you took the second party help thing into consideration in your guesswork. Which I am assuming you did.

Yes I did. lol Smash bros started development after kid icarrus. If you analyze how much it took to make, the same could be said for a Zelda game. since both will be HD Next gen
ImmaGamerGuy
ImmaGamerGuy
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next