Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes

2 posters

Go down

a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes Empty a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes

Post by SebTH Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Now, I know many of you may hate MMO's

but I think CoX (heroes/villians) deserves a tiny spot in case anyone has played it.

for those who don't know: CoH went Free too Play last year, then suddenly NCSoft decided to give the game its "sunset"

a sunset in MMO terms is the final shutdown of servers, and they will never reboot it again.

with many fans of MMO's CoH was one of the best competition for games like WoW or Aion. (even if NCSoft owns Aion)

its fans dedicated themselves to it, for the 8 long years it was alive, and even-though my time with it was short ( got in with "freedom's update F2P)
It was a pretty damn good game.

Its sad that a huge following has no hope of getting private servers legit running, so, this truly is it.

I was there last night to 3AM EST holding a torch up with the Admins in our server, on top of a globe, as "sunset" in the game finished, I was D/C'ed and their was the end.

If you have played CoX please, say something, if you've liked it, any memories you may have, its nice to share, thats what this game has left us with, good times as Heroes, and even new friends.

if you haven't played the game, but seen it, maybe through a friend playing, or you haven't played for years, still go ahead.

and with that, the Night on Paragon City has Set, Goodnight Heroes..
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes Empty Re: a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes

Post by ChaosLord121 Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Even though I don't care for MMO's, it's always sad to see a beloved game and studio come to an end.
ChaosLord121
ChaosLord121
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosLord121

Back to top Go down

a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes Empty Re: a Farewell to a Beloved MMO - City of Heroes

Post by SebTH Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:25 pm

ChaosLord121 wrote:Even though I don't care for MMO's, it's always sad to see a beloved game and studio come to an end.

I'm glad you understand then.

It is truly sad, you should see the NCSoft FB page, rage all over for the love of CoX
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down