Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic the hedgehog

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sonic the hedgehog Empty Sonic the hedgehog

Post by Thethundara Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 pm

What are the best and worst Sonic games of all time, in your opinion?

Last edited by Thethundara on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Sonic the hedgehog Empty Re: Sonic the hedgehog

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Ummmm...probably (for me anyways) the first Sonic game on the Wii. I just didn't really like it that much.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Soxas wrote:Ummmm...probably (for me anyways) the first Sonic game on the Wii. I just didn't really like it that much.

You mean Sonic and The Secret Rings?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Soxas wrote:Ummmm...probably (for me anyways) the first Sonic game on the Wii. I just didn't really like it that much.

Also, just changed the topic to "What are the worst AND best Sonic games in your opinion?"
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:21 am

Worst? being a sonic fan a super sonic fan, who used to be in the fanbase heavy I can say from experience the worst pile of shit was Sonic 06.

that is when everything truly died. Sonic Heroes was eh, but not 06 awful,
the games haven't been getting worse, Shadow was a bit above 06, and then the quality ticked up bit by bit. Colors on Wii was when Sonic Had hope again, and Generations was sublime.

now, the next game is coming in 2013, lets hope sega don't fuck it over.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 am

SebTH wrote:Worst? being a sonic fan a super sonic fan, who used to be in the fanbase heavy I can say from experience the worst pile of shit was Sonic 06.

the games haven't been getting worse, Shadow was a bit above 06, and then the quality ticked up bit by bit. Colors on Wii was when Sonic Had hope again, and Generations was sublime.

Don't worry, the next game will be awesome. If their's anything I'd love to see is for the 2013 game to have ONLY 3D sections, with plenty of 3D platforming. I like 2D Sonic, but I play the modern Sonic games for the 3D, not the 2D, If I wanted 2D, I'd play the classic Sonic games or Sonic Rush. :/
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:52 am

Thethundara wrote:
SebTH wrote:Worst? being a sonic fan a super sonic fan, who used to be in the fanbase heavy I can say from experience the worst pile of shit was Sonic 06.

Don't worry, the next game will be awesome. If their's anything I'd love to see is for the 2013 game to have ONLY 3D sections, with plenty of 3D platforming. I like 2D Sonic, but I play the modern Sonic games for the 3D, not the 2D, If I wanted 2D, I'd play the classic Sonic games or Sonic Rush. :/

even if they do that, people want SA3. bad.
and the fanbase gets worse, its why I left the "fanbase" More kids, more fags, I mean my god CWC. WHY IN FUCK DIDN'T I KNOW back in 08? my god. horrors.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:56 am

SebTH wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

and the fanbase gets worse, its why I left the "fanbase" More kids, more fags, I mean my god CWC. WHY IN FUCK DIDN'T I KNOW back in 08? my god. horrors.

Sonic 06 was SA3. Just kidding. Prediction: The next main title Sonic game will be Sonic Adventure 3.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:16 am

Thethundara wrote:

Also, just changed the topic to "What are the worst AND best Sonic games in your opinion?"
Best would definitely have to be SA2B. Spent 100s of hours on that game just on the Chao Garden.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 am

Thethundara wrote:

Yes that one. I just didn't like it all Mad
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 am

Thethundara wrote:
SebTH wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Sonic 06 was SA3. Just kidding. Prediction: The next main title Sonic game will be Sonic Adventure 3.
Definitely. SEGA has already announced they're releasing a physical retail Sonic game next year, they put SA2B on PSN and XBL, and the guy who did Knuckles music in the 2nd one has said he's been making music again for SEGA. The clues are all there. Pray to God they bring back the Chao Garden. I can't stress enough how much I loved that place lol tongue
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by SebTH Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 am

oh, forgot to post on the best: Sonic Adventure 2/ Battle

Level design and Story that didn't suck and chaos.
SebTH
SebTH
N64
N64

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Yes that one. I just didn't like it all Mad

I'm assuming you didn't like Sonic and the Black Knight either?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm

SebTH wrote:oh, forgot to post on the best: Sonic Adventure 2/ Battle

Level design and Story that didn't suck and chaos.

A lot of people post Sonic Adventure 2 as their favorite, it seems. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still my favorite of all time. Generations is a close second, though. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle would probably be in my top 10 Sonic games. What I didn't like, however, in Sonic Adventure 2, is the fact that they changed Tails gameplay style to a mech instead of being similar to Sonic's gameplay style, but with flying instead of the homing attack. Not to mention that with Knuckles chaos radar you can only detect a specific emerald piece, instead of being able to find any of them as long as you're close to them. I still like the hunting sections, though. Not the mech sections. Sonic Generations would be my favorite of all time, if it wasn't for Planet Wisp. That level wasn't bad... just... boring. Neutral
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 pm

From worst to best: Sonic 06, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 pm

MBParadox wrote:From worst to best: Sonic 06, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2.

Have you played Sonic Generations yet?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:From worst to best: Sonic 06, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2.

Nope. Haven't played Colors either.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:40 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Generations is the best that this series has to offer. You should play it. As soon as possible. I'm serious, it's phenomenal.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Generations is the best that this series has to offer. You should play it. As soon as possible. I'm serious, it's phenomenal.
Hopefully if Sega decides to release it on the U. The 3DS version is not as good as others from what I heard.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Hopefully if Sega decides to release it on the U. The 3DS version is not as good as others from what I heard.

No, It's not as good on the 3DS. I want Sega to release a directors cut of Generations. With enhanced storyline. I want cutscenes after every stage in the game. In Generations, they went to Crisis City, and it wasn't brought up that no-one remembers that stage. That was a great opportunity, and it was missed. Also, there should have been more quotes from other Sonic games. Such gems, such as: "GET A LOAD OF THIS!" or, "IT'S NO USE!" or, "THAT TORNADO'S CARRYING A CAR!" or, (My personal favorite.) "LET'S SHOW THIS CREEP THE REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!" or, "Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?" Also, there should be more stages added. Maybe Angel Island, Emerald Coast, and Palmtree Panic?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

No, It's not as good on the 3DS. I want Sega to release a directors cut of Generations. With enhanced storyline. I want cutscenes after every stage in the game. In Generations, they went to Crisis City, and it wasn't brought up that no-one remembers that stage. That was a great opportunity, and it was missed. Also, there should have been more quotes from other Sonic games. Such gems, such as: "GET A LOAD OF THIS!" or, "IT'S NO USE!" or, "THAT TORNADO'S CARRYING A CAR!" or, (My personal favorite.) "LET'S SHOW THIS CREEP THE REAL SUPER POWER OF TEAMWORK!" or, "Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?" Also, there should be more stages added. Maybe Angel Island, Emerald Coast, and Palmtree Panic?
M.A.R.I.A.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

It'd be the best Sonic game to come out if had the damn Chao Garden -.-
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

No, if it wasn't for Planet Wisp, it'd be the best.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Wisp's? You mean.... Luma's, riiiiight? jocolor
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Thethundara wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Thethundara wrote:

Pretty sure everyone would want the Chao Garden more than Planet Wisp lol Mad
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next