Wii U Mad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge.

+2
MBParadox
MartyMar
6 posters

Go down

The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge. Empty The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge.

Post by MartyMar Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Most have been so excited to get their discs open they haven't been noticing, but Engadget have spotted something weird on the Wii U's proprietary disc format: the discs' edges are rounded.

Because these are special Nintendo discs, and not DVDs or Blu-Rays, I guess the company needed to do something to differentiate their product, so rounded edges it is.

The effect is described "as if the folks at Nintendo took sandpaper to every edge of every disc, making them all the more friendly to the touch".

Which sure sounds like something Nintendo would do. "There is not enough joy in these discs! Round the edges to create more happiness for the user when they first experience the disc!"

There's something immediately striking about Nintendo's Wii U proprietary disc format that's hard to notice in photos -- it's got rounded edges, both outside and in. It feels different than any other disc we've handled before; Tim swears he's seen a round-edged disc in the wild, but we've never seen such a thing ourselves. It's as if the folks at Nintendo took sandpaper to every edge of every disc, making them all the more friendly to the touch. It's a little detail, but it's a nice one.

As we learned when the console was initially announced, the Wii U's "proprietary high-density optical discs" hold up to 25GB of data -- equivalent with that of Sony's single-layer Blu-ray format on the PlayStation 3, and much larger than the Xbox 360's dual-layer DVD format. Of course, all logic and statistics aside, having now handled a round-edged disc, we never wanna go back.

The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge. Original

SOURCE

At first I was like confused Suspect but then I was Neutral then eventually Sleep
MartyMar
MartyMar
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge. Empty Re: The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge.

Post by MBParadox Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Wii U FINAL SCORE: 10/10
Disks are rounded.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge. Empty Re: The Wii U’s Game Discs Have a Soft, Rounded Edge.

Post by CaptainVidya Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 am

Wow, news has been really slow.
CaptainVidya
CaptainVidya
NES
NES

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:37 pm

I wanna feel a disc now Shocked
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Fascinating. Does anybody really care if their are soft rounded edges?
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Thethundara wrote:Fascinating. Does anybody really care if their are soft rounded edges?
I wanna see how superior these disks are first o_e
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Soxas wrote:
Thethundara wrote:Fascinating. Does anybody really care if their are soft rounded edges?
They have something like a 22 mb/s disk read speed and hold 25 GB of data. So these disks are pretty damn substantial.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:14 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
They have something like a 22 mb/s disk read speed and hold 25 GB of data. So these disks are pretty damn substantial.
BUT I NEED TO FEEEL ONE O_O'
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Thethundara Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:

Sounds good, I guess. The first game I'll be getting for my Wii U will be ZombiU.
Thethundara
Thethundara
GameCube
GameCube

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Name: Soxas
Sexuality: Disks
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MartyMar Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Has anyone felt the disc?
MartyMar
MartyMar
SNES
SNES

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthos Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am

it feels awesome
Xanthos
Xanthos
SNES
SNES

https://www.youtube.com/user/Guitaristx1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
Sexuality: Disks
Sexuality:*Things with very round and soft curves.
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Xanthos wrote:it feels awesome
Yes, yes it does Very Happy
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by MBParadox Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:47 am

Soxas wrote:
*Round and soft curves with a hole.
MBParadox
MBParadox
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Soxas Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 am

MBParadox wrote:
Soxas wrote:
*Round and soft curves with a hole.
Mmmm MBP has the idea Razz
Soxas
Soxas
Wii
Wii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down